Safety is a core value at Vulcan Industrial Contractors and it is put into practice through integrity and adherence to moral and ethical principles.
We believe that every accident is preventable and because we are as good as our employees are we are committed to providing our workforce family with the resources necessary to be successful. Our Environmental, Health and Safety Program require through training, internal and third party audits and a Behavioral Safety program focused on direct peer observation.
Our management team is responsible for the leadership of the EH&S Program and they lead by example, developing the proper attitudes and ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the environment and the safety and health of all personnel involved.
Our employees are responsible for the wholehearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the EH&S Program and they are empowered to discontinue any task in which the risk is not controlled to an acceptable level.
Vulcan’s safety records are immensely below the industry standard and we continuously work to achieve a ZERO rating.
Some of our efforts to prevent accidents:
- Through New Employee Orientation
- Mandatory Safety Training
- Periodic Audits
- Weekly Safety Meeting for Field Personnel
- Weekly Safety Meetings for Management
- Dedicated Safety Managers
- EH&S Program constantly developing
- Behavioral Based Safety Program
- Trained Field Management (Minimum OSHA 30 hour in addition to task specific training)
- Yearly Safety Workshop for Field Management
- Site Specific Safety Plans
- Detailed Job Safety Analysis